Our Brave Band of Adventurers:
- Charisma, a “human” -mutant- sorceress whose power source is Gamma Radiation which she was exposed to as a child. As a child of the Atom her hair goes green in the presence of radiation and she progressively gets greener the more powerful spells she casts (and as she gets angry). She has no love for the Technic League.
- Heidt, a ranger who has traded an affinity for nature for an affinity for machines. This android has mastered cybertheurgy as well as the lasgun. Has chosen the mechromancer archetype (blog post at some later point!). Seeking to learn more about his history he has become an archaeological expert on all things related to the Rain of Stars.
- Rikku, an elven rogue who was adopted by Khonnir Baine when he found her wandering the wasteland near Torch more than a decade ago. She claims to be a blood elf from a far-away land. Her history is tied up with a nearby ruin.
- Sylvanus, a dark elf monk who escaped the clutches of mind flayer slavemasters in the area of the Scar of the Spider after a daring raid by surface dwelling heroes freed her.
- Brokthor, a human fighter who was raised by dwarfs and thinks he IS a dwarf.
- Tufast, a human cleric who serves the unpredictable goddess of thunder and lightning Dorana. Much like his barbarian family he hates technology and has a particular spite for robots. He sees the cleansing power of Dorana as the perfect antidote to the curse of the robot infestation of Nimmeria.
Lords of Rust
By Rikku Yuffina Kyrus
We see lots of people going to the now clear ship, including a group of covered drow. Hellion announces, “Treason will be punishable by death.” We take a long rest. We dreamt of the Cranium rats. They say they will give us knowledge if we kill Hellion and his machines. We wake up.
Soon after, a silver metallic raven whispers that Dinvaya wants us, then it flies off. We go to the temple devoted to Brigh. The doors and walls of this temple are unusual, for there are loud spinning gears everywhere. We knock, no answer. We knock again, no answer again. We knock until our knuckles hurt, then we bust the door open. We go through another gear like door. In side are three statues of Brigh, and four other statues of a lion, spider, wyvern, and a boar. There are three doors. One is to the left, another one is to the right, and the last one is in the middle. The one to the right has a loud clanging sound coming from it. One of the Brigh statues animate. We destroy it and Dinvaya comes out. She introduces herself as Dinvaya Lanalei. We tell her all about Jorum and what he said. She thanks us and explains why the Technic League hates her. She used to smuggle androids, with Jorums help, in and out of Torch. The Technic League caught them and told them to stop. Jorum stopped, but she continued. She doesn’t know anything about the brainy rats. We thank her and leave. We make our way to the mantacore’s nest.
The nest sits on top of a 40ft scrap and bone pile. Tufast decides to cast a spell in the nest. Two manticores with human female faces fly out, roaring and screeching. Distant calls seem to answer. Soon out radiation detector goes off and a human male-faced mantacore flies in. (DM’s note Rikku is being meek here. She used advantage to try and hit the high-AC monster since she had not hit the mutant manticore even once the entire battle – she rolled double 20s! And she just did enough damage to kill it. I described her sliding under the manticore and disembowelling it God of War style and being drenched in the intestines of the creature. Her reaction: ewwww!). Radiation emits from its horrible mouth and it has scaly skin. We finally kill it and its mates. Half of our party is down and the rest are badly hurt. It was a tough battle. I race Brocktha to the top and I win. There are a lot of tech items and a hololithic message. We play it and the Lord Captain appears,
“Lord-captains log Earth Calendar Date 41, 103.5.27. Still no sighting of the flayer fortress ship. We are continuing to follow the vessels ion trail into the Halo Domain. The Divinity is faster so we should catch up to it soon. The Caelestis Imperium has no warp capability so it is decked within one of my void holds.”
We go back to our base and take a very long rest.
When we wake up we go to the big dish. There are a lot of dead goblins with Hellion symbols, and a lot of huge, ugly vultures. We cross an unstable and very creaky bridge into the abandoned living quarters. Hiedt starts setting up bombs while the rest of us investigate a Hellion worship room. A metal nest sits in the middle. I feel something is in the room. We run out and blow up the place. The thing is following us and I think it is reading our minds. Sylvanus casts fairy fire where we think the thing is. She hits a cat instead. We take the cat, go back to base, and I watch.