Another conversion for my own reference for Maze of the Blue Medusa. Abbreviated 5e stat block. He also has an attack lizard called “Goat”.
Indomitable (3/Day). Kinixys can reroll a saving throw he fails. It must use the new roll.
Regeneration. Kinixys regains 10 hit points at the start of his turn. If he takes fire damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of his next turn. Kinixys dies only if he starts his turn with 0 hit points and doesn’t regenerate.
Hold Breath. Kinixys can hold its breath for 15 minutes.
Skewer. Once per turn, when Kinixys makes a melee attack with his trident and hits, the target takes an extra 10 (3d6) damage, and he gains temporary hit points equal to the extra damage dealt.
Randomly roll Kinixys action or pick from the list below. Each time he does not use one of his “arms’ add a +1 to the roll until he does.
- Multiattack. Kinixys makes two weapon attacks. Roll twice rerolling results of 1.
- Trident of the Reptile King. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) piercing damage. This weapon, if thrown by the reptile king, always returns to his hand at.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 5) piercing damage.
- (4d4) Misshapen Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 5) slashing damage.
- Right Arm. Lost killing a Lich (destroys undead if they fail a save, otherwise treat as a trident attack that does necrotic damage).
- Left-arm. Freed a people from slavery (allows free movement trough sticky terrain or webs – grants freedom of movement as the spell while he wields it, it otherwise does bludgeoning damage as the trident).
- Left hand. Throttled a beholder (“Grabber” Str 20, will pin a target if it hits successfully (Escape DC 20)).
- Tail. Escaped the Devil’s antechamber (club, Banishes devils & daemons on impact, otherwise as the trident that does bludgeoning damage).
- Right arm. Knighted a ghost (commands ethereal undead up to CR 8 when wielded if they fail a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw. This persists for as long as the arm is wielded).
- Left leg. Kicked lightning into the sky (fires lightning bolt in semi-random direction).
- Pair of arms, skeletonized. Pulled the bones of a saint from a gelatinous cube (nunchucks, throat-grab on hit and target will begin to suffocate).
- Roll again adding +2
Kinixys can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. He regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
- Weapon Attack. Kinixys makes a weapon attack (roll or choose, if you roll multiattack may be used if rolled).
- Command Ally. Kinixys d targets one ally it can see within 30 feet of it. If the target can see and hear the warlord, the target can make one weapon attack as a reaction and gains advantage on the attack roll.
- Frighten Foe (Costs 2 Actions). Kinixys targets one enemy it can see within 30 feet of it. If the target can see and hear it, the target must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of warlord’s next turn.