The Court of White gifted my PCs with this rock-shaped-as-a-sword. Its power is only unlocked when it tastes the blood of the Jabberwocky. The court refers to it as “THE” “Vorpal” Blade (and they pronounce the quotes as well) it is not a Vorpal Blade, it is nevertheless a deadly anti-dragon weapon.
“A bladeless, thick mass of stone used for smashing. According to the Court of the White Queen, it’s said this weapon was created to face the Jabberwocky, and is imbued with magic to do just that.”
The legendary magical greatsword acts as a clumsy weapon (-1 to hit, -1 to damage rolls) until it has tasted the blood of the Jabberwocky. Once it has been used to fight – and perhaps slay – the jabberwocky these traits unlock permanently, otherwise these traits only unlock against the Jabberwocky encounter.
- If used against any foe except a dragon or related dragon-kin it does 2d6-1 damage and has a -1 penalty to hit.
- It becomes a magical weapon when used against dragons granting a +1 bonus to-hit and damage rolls.
- When you hit a dragon with this weapon, the dragon takes an extra 3d6 damage. For the purpose of this weapon, “dragon” refers to any creature with the dragon type, including dragon turtles and wyverns.
- After taking damage from a breath weapon, you become resistant to that energy type until the end of the encounter.
- When fighting dragons the weapon gains a 30 foot ranged attack that does 3d6 arcane damage. Arcane damage is a unique damage type. You may use this as a prepared action when facing dragons.