See the index post for the context of this monster.
Macheteboi (The Swordmaniac, Broodfiend)
Huge fiend (demon, aberration), chaotic evil
AC 19; HP 400; Speed 60 ft.
STR +8, DEX +8, CON +13, INT -2, WIS +10, CHA -4, +6
Resistances cold; -1 on all and each damage die rolls
Immunities fire, poison; poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft.
Languages Infernal, Giant; CR 20 (25,000 XP)
- Berserk Rush.If Macheteboi moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a sword or smash! attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a STR saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the broodfiend can make one stomp attack against it as a bonus action if he chooses to stop moving. Otherwise, the target takes damage equal to the weapon attack used and additional one die for each 10 feet of movement the charge used up.
- Magic Resistance. Macheteboi has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. Macheteboi’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Morale. Macheteboi has a morale rating of 11. When they are first hit, are reduced to half hit points, if an ally is kill and each time they take a critical hit roll 2d6. On an 11 and 12 the broodfiend flees.
- Reckless. At the start of its turn, the macheteboi can gain advantage on all melee weapon attack rolls it makes during that turn, but attack rolls against him have advantage until the start of his next turn.
- Ride By Attack. Macheteboi’s movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
- Siege Monster. Macheteboi does double damage to objects and ignores damage thresholds.
- Sword of the Sky King (Godkiller).Melee Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 18 (2d6 + 11) slashing damage plus 21 (6d6) necrotic Necrotic damage can only be healed naturally at 1 hp a day of full bed rest, and the wielder cannot be healed magically. A creature killed is permanently killed short of divine intervention or a wish. The wielder is also immune to divine spells. If this attack hits a divine spellcaster the target must make a WIS saving throw or have their connection to their deity severed for 1d8+1 hours. Finally, the Godkiller automatically counterspells/cancels any magic or effect that depends on sight to work – in particular all prismatic spells – when the wielder of the Godkiller is part of the target.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (4d6 + 8) piercing damage. The target must succeed on a CON saving throw or become poisoned. While poisoned in this way, the target can’t regain hit points, and it takes 21 (6d6) poison damage at the start of each of its turns. The poisoned target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Smash!Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d8 + 8) bludgeoning damage.
- Rock. Ranged Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 29 (4d10 + 7) bludgeoning damage.
- Stomp. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 5 ft., one prone creature. Hit: 23 (3d10 + 8) bludgeoning damage. He may choose to pin a target with this attack (Escape DC 19). The target automatically takes 23 (3d10 + 8) bludgeoning damage at the start of Macheteboi’s turn. This damage increases by 1d10 for each round the pin is maintained. To maintain the pin, Macheteboi cannot move or user berserk rush.
Brash Retaliation. Whenever the broodfiend is in melee with more than one opponent or is flanked, all creatures within 10 ft. must make a DEX saving throw or take Xd10 + 8 bludgeoning damage where X is the number of enemies in melee with him (within 10 feet).
May use any available action and also move up to 30 feet as part of that action.
- Timer (1d4). Shock Trooper – Macheteboi attacks all targets within reach.
You must log in to post a comment.