Mk II of the original myrmidon here.
Large Construct (robot), neutral
Armour Class 18 (reinforced skymetal plating)
Hit Points 200/150 (12d10+60) plus force field
Speed 20 ft., fly 90 ft.
Str 30(+10) Dex 19 (+4) Con 21 (+5)
Int 16 (+3) Wis 18 (+4) Cha 5 (-4)
Saving Throws Con +12, Wis +7, Cha +8, +3 in all others.
Skills Athletics +10, Perception +9
Damage Resistances acid, fire; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren’t skymetal
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison, psychic
Damage Vulnerabilities lightning
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, fright ened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone
Senses Darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Gothic, Common
Challenge 16 (15,000 XP)
- Gift of the Machine God. As a creature of technology robots gain many damage and condition resistances and immunities but they are also susceptible to electrical attacks as well as:
- Immutable Form. The myrmidon is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
- Magic Resistance. The myrmidon has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The myrmidon’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Combat Hardened. The myrmidon’s advanced robotic frame provides a measure of protection against attacks. The robot has a damage threshold of 10. It reduces all damage by ten per attack.
- Force Field. A shimmering field of energy encases the myrmidon, granting it 55 bonus hit points. All damage dealt to the robot is deducted from these hit points first. As long as the force field is active, the myrmidon is immune to critical hits and is not vulnerable to electrical attacks (lightning). This force field recharges to full strength at the start of the myrmidon’s turn, but once its hit points are reduced to 0, the force field shuts down and doesn’t reactivate for 24 hours. An EMP weapon that strikes the shield will bring it down so long as some damage is done to the shield. While the force shield is active, the robot can withstand the vacuum of space and water pressure up to 500 feet depth. The robot can attack from within the force shield without penalty.
- Resilient. Myrmidon robots receive a +3 racial bonus on all saving throws (included).
- Superior Optics. A myrmidon robot sees invisible creatures or objects as if they were visible. It also has advantage on all Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or sight.
- Tracking Sight. The robot has a laser sight array and tracking computer that allows it to mark hostile targets for increased accuracy. It can mark up to three targets it can see within 300 feet. The robot gains advantage on attack rolls against marked targets. The tracking array can be attacked separately from the robot if the force shield is no longer functioning. The array has AC 15, 30 hit points, and immunity to poison and psychic damage. Every 1 0 points of damage done to the array destroys one laser sight and prevents it from tracking one target.
- Tractor/Repulsion Beam. As a bonus action, the ro bot produces a force beam capable of pushing or pull ing one Huge or smaller creature or object weighing 300 pounds or less. The beam has a 60-foot range. If the target is a creature, the robot must make a Strength check against a DC equal to the creature’s Strength score; on a success it can move the creature up to 30 feet in any direction, including upward, but not beyond the beam’s range. If the target is a loose object, it is moved automatically 30 feet in any direc tion, including upwards. If the target is an object be ing carried or held by a living creature, the robot must succeed on a Strength check against a DC equal to the creature’s Strength score in order to move it; a failure indicates the creature retains its hold of the obj ect and it does not move.
- Combined Arms. The myrmidon is a whirl of robotic fury – it makes one integrated laser attack, two quantum lash attacks as well as two vice attacks. When available it also launches a rocket strike.
- Integrated Rifle. Ranged Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, range 50/150 ft., one target. Hit: The target suffers one oftwo effects (robot’s choice):
- Death Ray: The beam vaporizes anything short of hull metal it hits, affecting up to 6 cubic feet of nonliving material. A living creature takes 17 (5d6) force damage and is stunned for 1 minute. The creature can attempt a DC 12 Constitution sav ing throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the stunned condition on itself on a success.
- Heat Ray: The target takes 12 (5d4) fire damage and suffers one level of exhaustion.
- Quantum Lash. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 20 ft.; one target. Hit: 9 (1d10 +4) force damage. This weapon scores a critical hit on a 19 or 20. It also cancels force affects like wall of force.
- Vice-Grip. Melee Natural Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft.; one target. Hit: 13 (1d6 +10) piercing damage and the target is grappled (Escape DC 21). Grappled creatures automatically suffer a vice-grip damage that deals 16 damage at the start of the robot’s turn.
- Grenade Launcher (Recharge 5-6). The robot shoots (+9 to hit) one of four types of grenades (range100/300 ft.). It has six sleep gas (as sleep spell), four poison gas (as fireball but the attack does poison damage), six incendiary (as fireball), and 10 fragmentation grenades (as fireball but the attack does piercing damage) in its internal magazine.
Hard to Kill. When a robot is reduced to 0 hit-points for the first time during an encounter, it instead heals 34 (3d12+15) hit points.
This metallic creature has pincer-tipped arms and a single red eye – it flies with eerie grace via blasts of fire from its back.
You must log in to post a comment.