Here is a fifth edition D&D interpretation of Sanvil Trett. I had to beef him up somewhat as he was facing six characters so added in some cyborg hounds. The chiplfinder is included specifically for Rikku, the Blood Elf rogue since her backstory includes her families spelljammer, the Dusklight, being captured by the Divinity before crash landing and so the chiplfinder will eventually lead her to the reck of the spelljammer and resolve her backstory.
Medium Humanoid, chaotic evil
Armour Class 13 (chain shirt)
Hit Points 86
Speed 30 ft.
Str 20 (+4) Dex 12 (+1) Con 10 (+0)
Int 14 (+2) Wis 8 (-1) Cha 15 (+2)
Skills Bluff +6, Diplomacy +3, Knowledge (arcana) +6, Knowledge (engineering) +11, Knowledge (geography) +3, Knowledge (local) +3, Perception +3, Spellcraft +9
Senses passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Orc, Gothic, Hallit
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
Spellcasting. Sanvill is a 4th level spellcaster. His casting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The mage has the following wizard spells prepared :
- Cantrips (at will): detect magic, ghost sound, light, mage hand
- 1st level (4 slots): chill touch (1d6 necrotic damage, blue aura, -1 STR), corrosive touch (4d4 acid), magic weapon (+1), vanish (1r invis, adv/dis)
- 2nd level (3 slots): enhance ability (bulls strength; advantage on STR checks), mirror image (3 duplicates, d20 6, 8 and 11+, AC is 11)
Arcane Pool. Sanvill may make two melee attacks.
Spellstrike. Sanvill may cast spells through his longsword as part of a melee attack action. The spell acts as normal but is delivered on hit and is not expended on a miss.
Pool Strike. Melee Unarmed Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5ft.; one target.
Hit: 3, 6 or 9 (1~3*d6 where * is the spell slot expended between 1 to 3 and type is one of acid, cold, lightening, or fire. If he misses with this attack, he can hold the charge for up to 1 minute before it dissipates.
Spell Recall (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). With a bonus action Sanvill can recall any single spell that he has already prepared and cast that day. The spell is prepared again, just as if it had not been cast.
+1 Magic Weapon Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft.; one target.
Hit: 9 (1d8+5) piercing damage.
Ion tape, skillslot with a Mark I Knowledge (engineering) skill chip installed, zipstick, 1 dose of torpinal, 1 dose of universal serum, 2 doses of vitality serum, 5 batteries, bedroll, Technic League pin worth 100 gp (kept hidden), 69 silverdisks, 154 pp, 380 gp, 250 sp, 12 cp
- Ion Tape: TG pg 48.
- Skillslot with a Mark 1 Knowledge (engineering) skill chip installed: Base of neck, TG pg 38. +2 to engineering.
- Zipstick: TG pg 53.
- 1 dose of torpinal: Truth serum, TG pg 34.
- 1 dose of universal serum: heal 1d8 + one effect based on switch.
- 2 doses of vitality serum: pg 61, radiation cure/resist. Yellow injector.
- 5 batteries: 10 charges each, 20% chance of breaking on a recharge. Blue radiance as they are charged.
- A red chipfinder shaped like the Sin’dorei icon. Even if turned on it tracks nothing. Important for Dusklight side-trek.
Art credit for banner: Jaq Draco by NicolasRGiacondino
One thought on “ROGUES GALLERY: Sanvill Trett and the Hounds of the Technic League”
You must log in to post a comment.