Ettin based oni.
Large fiend (oni), chaotic evil
Armor Class 16 (kikko katabira)
Hit Points 262 (21d12 + 126)
Speed 40 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
21 (+5) 11 (+0) 22 (+6) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 15 (+2)
Skills Perception +4
Damage Resistance bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage
Senses darkvision 60 ft., see invisibility 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Giant, Oni, Orc
Challenge 11 (7,200 XP)
Blood Demon Arts. The oni’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 14). The oni can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- At will: darkness, doom, invisibility, shocking grasp, booming blade
- 1/day each: charm person, fireball, gaseous form, sleep, haste, black tentacles, wall of fire, vampiric touch, inflict wounds
Discorporation. Unless killed using a special weapon – like a mortal blade or a jade enchanted weapon – a destroyed oni turns into black smoke before dissipating. It gains a new body in 1d10 x 11 days, regaining all its hit points and becomes active again.
Magic Weapons. The oni’s weapon attacks are magical.
Regeneration. The oni regains 10 hit points at the start of its turn if it has at least 1 hit point. If the oni takes jade based damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of the oni’s next turn.
Spellstrike. The oni can consume one of its daily or at will spells to enhance the attacks of its weapons. See the weapon entry for details. Once it has used all its daily spell slots it cannot use the 1/Day abilities anymore. Jirou and Saburo have 10 daily slots he can use in this way.
Two Heads. The oni has the following benefits due to its two heads:
- It has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks and on saving throws against being blinded, charmed, deafened, frightened, stunned, and knocked unconscious.
- The oni can rage and cast spells at the same time.
- When one of the oni’s heads is asleep, its other head is awake.
- An oni uses one of its heads to defend against attacks while the other is using a spell granting advantage on any Constitution saving throws to maintain concentration on a spell.
- The oni makes two initiative checks and takes a full turn on each initiative result.
- The oni can take two reactions per round but only one between one turn and the next.
Fury (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). As a bonus action, the oni can enter a rage at the start of its turn. The rage lasts for 1 minute or until the giant is incapacitated. While raging, the oni gains the following benefits:
- The oni has advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws
- When it makes a melee weapon attack, the giant gains a +4 bonus to the damage roll.
- The giant has resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
Two Heads Are Better Than One. The oni makes two attacks: one with his battleaxe and one with his Morningstar and casts a spell.
Masakari (Battleaxe). Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14/18 (2d8 + 5/9) slashing damage. He then consumes on of its spell uses (as indicated) and picks one of the following options:
- Vampiric Touch (1/Day). The target takes 10 necrotic damage and heals the oni for 10 hit points.
- Shocking Grasp (At Will). The target takes 5 lightning damage, and it can’t take reactions until the start of its next turn.
Akenomyōsei (Morningstar). Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14/18 (2d8 + 5/9) piercing damage. He then consumes on of its spell uses (as indicated) and picks one of the following options:
- Inflict Wounds (1/Day). The target takes 15 necrotic damage.
- Booming Blade (At Will). The target takes 5 thunder damage if it moves before the end of its next turn.
Change Shape. The oni magically polymorphs into a Small or Medium humanoid, into a Large giant, or back into its true form. Other than its size, its statistics are the same in each form. The only equipment that is transformed is its glaive, which shrinks so that it can be wielded in humanoid form. If the oni dies, it reverts to its true form, and its glaive reverts to its normal size.
Swat. When an enemy enters a space where it flanks the oni it may use its reaction to make a melee attack of its choice. If the attack lands it does normal damage and pushes the target back 10 feet.
Sacred Water. Restores 1d3 ki points. “Water that has flowed through the inner sanctum of a shrine. Drinking this water will speed Ki recovery for a short period of time. This water has been used in rituals since the days of old and is imbibed before making vows to the gods.”
This large humanoid creature has two heads, one brutish-looking, the other with three eyes and gems and tattoos decorating its forehead.
You must log in to post a comment.