Inspired by the zine “Ten People You Meet in the Undergarden”. I think this whole zine works well in the Gardens of Ynn.
Gerard guards the City of Broken Clocks within the Garden of Ynn from looting. He has been doing this for long time. He is getting bored and he may be tempted to join the party as a henchmen – so long as they don’t loot the city. The sidh who hired him are long gone.
A Mushroom Mercenary in the City of Broken Clocks
AC 13, HP 60, Speed 30 ft.
STR +1, DEX +0, CON +2, INT +1, WIS +2, CHA +0
Senses Darkvision 120 ft., Passive Perception 12
Distress Spores. When Gerard takes damage, all other plant creatures within 240 feet of him can sense its pain.
Skilled. Is proficient in all skills (+2).
Multiattack. Gerard uses either his Hallucination Spores or his Pacifying Spores, then makes a spear attack.
- Sidh Spear. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (3d4 + 1) piercing damage plus 7 (3d4) poison damage.
- Animating Spores (3/Day). The myconid targets one corpse of a humanoid or a Large or smaller beast within 5 feet of it and releases spores at the corpse. In 24 hours, the corpse rises as a spore servant. The corpse stays animated for 1d4 + 1 weeks or until destroyed, and it can’t be animated again in this way.
- Hallucination Spores. Gerard ejects spores at one creature he can see within 5 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The poisoned target is incapacitated while it hallucinates. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Pacifying Spores. Gerard ejects spores at one creature he can see within 5 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be stunned for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the condition on itself on a success.
- Rapport Spores. A 30-foot radius of spores extends from Gerard. These spores can go around corners and affect only creatures with an Intelligence of 2 or higher that aren’t undead, constructs, or elementals. Affected creatures can communicate telepathically with one another while they are within 30 feet of each other. The effect lasts for 1 hour.
You must log in to post a comment.