I recently rewatched this great 80s anime. I still recall the first time I watched it. I lived in Japan with my girlfriend (now wife) and I was playing UO late one night in 1997 when my wife called me to the TV and said “this anime looks like something you would like and it has English subtitles!” a rarity even today in Japan.
Here is a 5e version. I think he would demolish the noble Strahd.
- D heals 100 hit points.
- D gains +2 to attack damage rolls.
- D gains the bite attack option.
- D’s legendary actions automatically recharge.
- D also gains the following traits as a vampire – spider climb, shapechanger, charm and children of the night.
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If D fails a saving throw, he can choose to succeed instead.
Immortal. D regains 20 hit points at the start of his turn if he has at least 1 hit point. D can only be killed if he suffers from an effect that completely and utterly destroys his body – like a disintegration effect or if he were to be cast into the sun.
Multiattack. D makes three great katana attacks. He may replace one of these attacks with an unarmed strike. If enraged he also gains a bite attack. Left Hand also gains his own action which is usually to cast a spell.
+3 Blacksteel Dai Katana. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 15 (2d6 + 8) slashing damage. This attack is magical.
Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage. Instead of dealing damage, D can perform one of the following actions:
- He can can grapple the target (escape DC 19).
- The target must succeed on a DC 18 Strength saving throw or drop one item it is holding (D’s choice).
- The target must succeed on a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
- The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of D’s next turn.
Bite (Blood Rage Only). Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one willing creature, or a creature that is grappled by the vampire, incapacitated, or restrained. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage plus 28 (8d6) necrotic damage. The target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and D regains hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0. An evil creature slain in this way is killed permanently as their souls are destroyed in the process.
Parry. D adds 6 to his AC against one melee attack that would hit him. To do so, the he must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.
- Move. D moves up to its speed without provoking opportunity attacks.
- Unarmed Strike/Great Katana. D makes one attack.
- Bite (Costs 2 Actions). D makes one bite attack.