The Crimson Lotus Gang:
- Charisma, a “human” -mutant- sorceress whose power source is Gamma Radiation which she was exposed to as a child. As a child of the Atom her hair goes green in the presence of radiation and she progressively gets greener the more powerful spells she casts (and as she gets angry). She has no love for the Technic League.
- Sylvanus, a dark elf monk who escaped the clutches of mind flayer slavemasters in the area of the Scar of the Spider after a daring raid by surface dwelling heroes freed her.
- Brokthor, a human fighter who was raised by dwarfs and thinks he IS a dwarf.
- Tufast, a human cleric who serves Thor – power of thunder and lightning. Much like his barbarian family he hates technology and has a particular spite for robots. He sees the cleansing power of lightning as the perfect antidote to the curse of the robot infestation of Nimmeria.
- Rikku, an elven rogue who was adopted by Khonnir Baine when he found her wandering the wasteland near Torch more than a decade ago. She claims to be a blood elf from a far-away land. Her history is tied up with a nearby ruin.
- Heidt, a ranger who has traded an affinity for nature for an affinity for machines. This android has mastered cybertheurgy as well as the lasgun. Has chosen the mechromancer archetype (blog post at some later point!). Seeking to learn more about his history he has become an archaeological expert on all things related to the Rain of Stars.
Palace of Fallen Stars
After rescuing the baron and his guards, a strange android wearing a sombrero and his cyborg-monkey friend approached us. I recognised the Android as Heidt who then tried to tell us that his ape friend was Rikku. I certainly had my doubts about this claim and instead assumed he was taking Numerian fluids, but regardless they rejoined our party, albeit now it looked more like a travelling circus. Tufast decided that he wanted a portable fortress, and so he conjured food and water for some magical item merchant (B.O.B. the Magic Man) in order to gain a significant discount on the item. Meanwhile I went back to Saori in order to install some cybertech I picked up at the shadow market into my arms. After I recovered, I found out Sylvanus organised a plan to throw the city into chaos by using Mockery’s assets to spread word of a revolt against the Technic league. Tufast also believed that through the power of Thor he would be able to cast a spell and break the Technic league’s grip on the Black Sovereign’s mind. Once we were all prepared, we set out to the capital and abruptly entered during a feast.
The Black Sovereign unsurprisingly was not impressed, but he let us join after we gave him gifts of gold. Tufast used this opportunity to get close enough to cast his spell, which instantaneously healed the Black Sovereign’s mind released him from his mental prison. Shortly afterwards he shouted to destroy the Technic league, and battle broke out in the hall, with some guards defending the Sovereign whilst others defended his cousin who tried to seize the opportunity to usurp the throne. Two Mk III Gearsman and a Technic league captain also joined the battle, although I was able to wirelessly control one of the robots through Cassandalee and turn around the fight. After all the attackers were slain, the Black Sovereign thanked us and along with granting us gifts of land, told us of a secret underground entry into the Technic League compound. This secret entry however was haunted by a ghost, the First Sovereign, although we managed to safely move past him whilst Heidt distracted him with tiny robots. At the very end of the tunnel, we approached a wall, with sounds of machinery in the background.