Regretta, The Bronze Liche
|11 (0)||16 (3)||16 (3)||20 (5)||14 (2)||16 (3)|
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Regretta fails a saving throw, she can choose to succeed instead.
Rejuvenation. If destroyed Regretta gains a new body in 1d10 days, regaining all her hit points and becoming active again. The new body appears within 5 feet of her phylactery.
The Right Hand of Nagash. Regretta wields the Right Hand of Nagash and may use any of its powers instead of a lair action, legendary action or action.
Turn Resistance. Regretta has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
Regeneration. Regretta regains 15 hit points at the start of her turn if she has at least 1 hit point. If she takes thunder damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of her next turn.
Damage Threshold. Regretta is a machine lifeform and is hardened for combat. She has a damage threshold of 10 against all attacks.
Throne Room. While Regretta is in her throne room she may extend the range of any of her abilities to anywhere in that room she can see. She may also spend a legendary action to recharge Healing Surge, Gaze of Command, Lightning Storm, and Staff of Storms. This consumes her bonus action.
Shadow Storm. Regretta makes a lightning bolt and orb of shadow attacks against two different targets. She may also use gaze of command if available.
Death Touch. Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d8 + 5) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If the target rolls a 1 on the saving throw they are reduced to 0 hit points and are dying.
Healing Surge (1/Day). Regretta regains 139 hit points. She gains a +2 bonus to all defences (AC and saving throws) until the start of her next turn.
Lightning Bolt. Regretta chooses a target she can see within 100 feet. The target must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw or take 18 (3d8 + 5 lightning) damage, and the target is moved 15 feet and is dazed for 1 minute, or half damage an no additional effects on a success (a dazed target can only move or take one action). The target may repeat the save at the end of its turn to end the dazed effect.
Orb of Shadows. Regretta chooses a target she can see within 100 feet. The target must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw or take 21 (3d10 + 5) necrotic damage, and the target is moved15 feet and is blinded for 1 minute, or half damage an no additional effects on a success. The target may repeat the save at the end of its turn to end the blinded condition.
Gaze of Command (Recharge 5-6). Regretta chooses a target she can see within 30 feet. The target must make a DC 20 Wisdom saving throw or take 32 (5d10 + 5) psychic damage, and the target is dominated (as the appropriate spell) for 1 minute.
Lightning Storm (Recharge 5-6). Regretta chooses a point she can see within 50 feet of her. The area bursts into a raging storm of blades and electricity in a 10-foot cylinder that is 30 feet high which lasts until the end of her next turn. Any creature that is caught in the initial formation of the storm must make a DC 20 Constitution saving throw or take 18 (3d8 + 5) lightning and necrotic damage. The area of the storm is considered difficult terrain. any creature that starts its turn within the zone takes 20 lightning and necrotic damage. She can sustain or dismiss the storm as a bonus action. She may have more than one storm active at a time.
Right Hand of Nagash. Regretta uses an ability from The Right Hand of Nagash.
Staff of Storms (1/Day). After making an attack that deals lightning damage, Regretta deals 23 (3d8 + 10) lightning and thunder damage to every creature in a 15-foot square centred on her. This action does not consume her reaction.
Silence!. In response to any noise – including singing or spells with verbal components, Regretta can target the offending creature and silence it. The target must make a DC 20 Wisdom saving throw or become silenced as the spell except it only affects the target for 1 minute. The target may repeat the saving throw at the end of its turn to resist this effect.
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), the lich can take a lair action to cause one of the following magical effects; the lich can’t use the same effect two rounds in a row:
- Right Hand of Nagash Recovery. Regretta rolls a d8 and regains that many charges for her Right Hand of Nagash.
- Necrotic Grasp. Regretta targets one creature she can see within 30 feet of her. A crackling cord of negative energy tethers the lich to the target. Whenever she takes damage, the target must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, Regretta takes half the damage (rounded down), and the target takes the remaining damage. This tether lasts until the target is killed or the target is no longer in the liche’s lair.
- Tomb Guardians. Regretta calls forth the spirits of creatures that were buried with her as an honour guard. These apparitions materialize and attack one creature that she can see within 60 feet of her. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw, taking 52 (15d6) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a success. The apparitions then disappear.
- Right Hand of Nagash. The liche uses an ability from The Right Hand of Nagash.
Regretta can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. She regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Cantrip. Regretta casts any cantrip.
- Death Touch (Costs 2 Actions). Regretta uses its Death Touch.
- Frightening Gaze (Costs 2 Actions). Regretta fixes her gaze on one creature she can see within 10 feet of her. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or become frightened for 1 minute. The frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. A target that fails the saving throw by more than 5 will also use its action to take the Dash action to move away from her for the duration. If a target’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to the lich’s gaze for the next 24 hours.
- Disrupt Life (Costs 3 Actions). Each non-undead creature within 20 feet of her must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw against this magic, taking 21 (6d6) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Action Point (1/Day). Regretta may use any of her available actions.
- Lich’s Disdain. Regretta choses a target she can see within 30 feet of her. The target must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw or take 14 (2d8 + 5) psychic damage, and the target is teleported 20 feet above any unoccupied space within 100 feet of the lich, a creature that falls takes 11 (2d10) bludgeoning damage.
- Lightning Storm. Regretta uses lightning storm if available.
- The Right hand of Nagash. Regretta uses an ability from The Right Hand of Nagash.
Regretta is an ancient “lich” or, more correctly a liche, who has a bronze machine body. She has lost her mind and doesn’t even know who she is but will still fight to protect herself instinctively. Regetta wields the Right Hand of Nagash.