Wondrous item, Legacy (requires attunement by arcane caster or psionic wielder only)
- GP: 25,000gp
- XP: 2,500xp
When one truly understands fate as it is, myriad branching paths, then one can truly see that duty is cleaving to a particular fate, and glory is the accomplishment of duty’s ends.
When we are true to the nature of the Eldar, we cannot fail.
This technological wonder was created by the Eldar and was used by Farseer Moschen. How it ended up in the lair of a grendalspawn broodfiend’s lair is anyone’s guess. It appears as a burnished golden orb with an “eye” of blue light at its core. Its true power lies in its ability to enhance psyker power (magic and psionic power, respectively).
Omen. The device is in constant motion, opening and closing as it spins between a spherical shape and an ovoid shape. It floats above the wielder’s hand when being used.
As you gain levels, and once the appropriate sacrifices, rituals and prayers are made at the Autoforge, Moschen Sphere gains the following additional properties.
- Enhancement. At level 1, while holding this orb in your offhand, you gain a +1 bonus to spell attack rolls. At level 10 this increases to +2 automatically.
- Arcane Health. You gain 10 temporary hit points each day at sunrise. These hit points remain until expended or 24 hours pass.
- Autoforge Price: 5,000gp, the sacrifice of a false life spell scroll, and is a 6th-level arcane caster.
- Winged Range. You gain access to the Extend Spell* metamagic trait, which you may use once per day. If you are a sorcerer, you instead gain an additional sorcerous spell point.
- Autoforge Price: 6,000gp, the sacrifice of a 9th-level spell scroll and is a 6th-level arcane caster. For each additional 6,000gp invested, the number of uses per day increases by 1.
- Iron Will. As Moschen Sphere builds a connection with you, it aids your ability to focus your mind. You gain advantage on Consitution saving throws to maintain concentration on a spell. You also gain resistance to psychic damage.
- Autoforge Price: 8,000gp, the sacrifice of a +1 or better magic item that does or provides psychic damage/resistance and is an 8th-level arcane caster.
- The Triumvirate of Energy. As a reaction, you can grant yourself resistance to one type of energy (acid, cold, lightning, fire, or thunder). This effect lasts for 1 minute and can be used once per short or long rest.
- Autoforge Price: 11,000gp, the sacrifice of a ring of resistance and and is an 11th-level arcane caster.
- Shield of the Ulthwé. As long as you have one non-cantrip arcane spell remaining (either a prepared spell not yet cast or a spell slot not yet used or at least one power point in reserve if you are a psionicst), you may use the shield spell at will.
- Autoforge Price: 15,000gp, the sacrifice of a +3 or better shield and be a 15th-level arcane caster.
- Power Overwhelming. Moschen Sphere provides you with spell resistance. You now have advantage on any magical effect that allows a saving throw that targets you.
- Autoforge Price: 17,000gp, the sacrifice of a very rare magic ring, and is a 17th-level arcane caster.
- Spell Piercing. Moschen’s Sphere becomes a +3 implement granting the wielder a bonus to spell attack rolls.
- Autoforge Price: 20,000gp, the sacrifice of a +3 or better magic item (any) and be a 20th-level arcane caster.
There maybe other abilities to unlock, this is left to the player and DM to work out.
When you cast a spell that has a duration of 1 minute or longer, you can double its duration to a maximum duration of 24 hours.