One player couldn’t make it and we had a new player visiting from out of state. This was Ianthien’s first D&D game.
Our Brave Band of Adventurers:
- Charisma, a “human” -mutant- sorceress whose power source is Gamma Radiation which she was exposed to as a child. As a child of the Atom her hair goes green in the presence of radiation and she progressively gets greener the more powerful spells she casts (and as she gets angry). She has no love for the Technic League.
- Heidt, a ranger who has traded an affinity for nature for an affinity for machines. This android has mastered cybertheurgy as well as the lasgun. Has chosen the mechromancer archetype (blog post at some later point!). Seeking to learn more about his history he has become an archaeological expert on all things related to the Rain of Stars.
- Rikku, an elven rogue who was adopted by Khonnir Baine when he found her wandering the wasteland near Torch more than a decade ago. She claims to be a blood elf from a far-away land. Her history is tied up with a nearby ruin.
- Sylvanus, a dark elf monk who escaped the clutches of mind flayer slavemasters in the area of the Scar of the Spider after a daring raid by surface dwelling heroes freed her.
- Tufast, a human cleric who serves the unpredictable goddess of thunder and lightning Dorana. Much like his barbarian family he hates technology and has a particular spite for robots. He sees the cleansing power of Dorana as the perfect antidote to the curse of the robot infestation of Nimmeria.
- Ianthien, a good samaritan moon druid who happen to be in the right place at the right time (or perhaps WRONG time).
Fires of Creation
By Rikku Yuffina Kyrus
Brocktha has disappeared but the rest of us try to reason with Sanvill. He will pay us what all the tech items are worth in gold – including the android – but won’t do anymore. We take too long discussing so Sanvill attacks with his 2 K-9s. We notice that Sanvill is wearing the Technic League badge. When we are in the middle of the fight a wood elf druid called Ianthien shows up and helps us. When Sanvill is severely hurt he disappears. We watch the trail of blood and see Sanvill reappear 60ft away. The K-9s start running towards Sanvill, but Charisma shoots him with a ray of frost and kills him outright. The K-9s stop and then run somewhere else. We loot Sanvill’s body and find a lot of money, some tech, and a note that has all of our names on it. At the bottom of the note is Garmen Ulreth’s name. Next to his name is the word – Warehouse? We all have a long rest in the tavern.
When we wake up Dad signals us to follow him. He points to the repair drone and makes a syringe out of his hand and puts it in his shoulder. We guess the medical robots did something to him. So we take him to Jorum. Jorum tells us that Khonnir doesn’t have a natural disease and casts a spell on Khonnir. Now he talks temporarily. He tells us that the medical robots injected nanites into his brain to figure out how he does magic. He tells us he was following the purple haired lady when he encountered the medical robots and got captured. He thinks the lady has something to do with the torch going out. We show him some of our items when we remember the hololithic player and switch it on. The Lord-Captain appears and looks sad. He says:
“I don’t have much time (we can hear people screaming and animal grunts in the back round and the door is being beaten). The PAX is even more subversive than we first believed. A small percentage of the crew have become hyper aggressive and violent. So much so its beyond madness. These ones have been killing other crew in an orgy of death. And not just kill them… they do horrible things to them (we can hear a mob beating on the door). The ship has been over-run by these animals who where once our friends. I have summoned the Sisters but they won’t get here in time and I don’t know where the Templar is. And I won’t let my family fall into their hands (we hear sobbing and the beating on the door becomes louder. A little girl says “I love you daddy” and then we hear 2 gun shots. The Lord-Captain comes onto camera) I have activated Asimov Law 0 in the robots and androids. My last hope is that they will be able with the aide of the Sisters, to destroy these beasts before the ship comes into contact with (we hear an explosion and the crazed crew shout are very loud. The Lord-Captain raises a gun to his head, but a mob of men grab him before he can shoot. We can hear the Lord struggling then static).
After that we go to Garmen. We meet him and ask him if we can talk privately. He takes us to the back room and we tell him about the list. He says he doesn’t have any tech and is hated by lots. We thank him and say good-bye. We go to Dolga to collect our reward and she reminds us about relighting the torch. So we head for the caves. Ion is coming too.
We kill the zombie but Brocktha stuffed the skeleton bones in his backpack so we don’t encounter the skellies. We bypass the trap and get to the corridor just before the elevator. We have not explored the 2 doors left and right of us and we go left. This room is very big. There are 2 tables and multiple chairs, cupboards, and drawers. Inside we find 120 pills. These are provision savers. One a day is all we need. We exit and open the right door. This room has 6 bowl-like things and 3 taps. Next to each bowl is a hoof. This looks like a toilet. We don’t search here because it is a toilet and exit. We go to the elevator and decide not to fix it but to climb up a ladder on the side of the elevator. We reach a door and Hiedt forces it open. This room smells like dog. Two corridors to our left and right are open. Two double doors are ahead. One of them is a white access and the other brown. Two normal doors are ahead with brown access. We can hear a loud thrum when we enter. Four Tasmanian tigers are chewing bones when we enter. When they see us they howl and attack. When they are dead we examine them and each has a metal clad claw collar. Ion says that the animals have been starved.
We go to the furthest left single brown door. This room is circular. A pile of tech rubbish lie to one side of the room. A table is turned over with 2 orcs and 3 ratmen behind it. We attack. One of the orcs says something about Hellion when he attacks. When they are dead we search them and find out that each ratman and orc have a spiked gauntlet badge. We search the pile of tech trash and find a dented locker. Hiedt bangs it open and we find some tech.
You must log in to post a comment.