Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Harooga fails a saving throw, she can choose to succeed instead.
Local Knowledge. Harooga is intimately familiar with Akari Island. She automatically has access to the information learned from the commune with nature spell.
Magic Resistance. Harooga has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
Magic Weapons. Harooga’s weapon attacks are magical.
Regeneration. As Harooga is within 120 feet of Akari Island, she has regeneration 10 so long as she has at least 1 hit point remaining.
Ward. Harooga is mystically bound to Akari Island. She cannot stray more than 300 yards from the island. If she does, she becomes ill and dies within 24 hours. If the island is destroyed, she dies.
Innate Spellcasting. Harooga’s spellcasting ability is Charisma (DC 24, +16 spell attack). She can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- At will: detect evil and good, detect magic, invisibility, plane shift (between the Spirit World and the Material Plane only), polymorph (self only).
- 1/day: Harooga can use any wu jen spell associated with water (in fact, she can use any water affiliated spell – DM’s discretion).
Multiattack. Harooga makes three longsword attacks and casts a spell. She may also use Power of Akari if available.
Watersword. Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d8 + 8) bludgeoning damage, or 13 (1d10 + 8) bludgeoning damage when used with two hands, plus 27 (6d8) cold damage.
Power of Akari (Recharge 5–6). Ranged Spell Attack: +17 to hit, range 60 ft., one creature. Hit: 54 (12d8) cold damage, and Harooga can choose another creature she can see within 10 feet of the target. The second creature regains 27 (6d8) hit points.
Parry. Harooga adds 7 to her AC against one melee attack that would hit her. To do so, Harooga must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.
Harooga can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Harooga regains spent legendary actions at the start of her turn.
- Cast a Spell. Harooga casts a spell.
- Watersword Attack (Costs 2 Actions). Harooga makes one longsword attack.
- Whelm (Costs 3 Actions). Harooga gains water form trait and can move up to her speed, each creature in the her space must make a DC 24 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 27 (6d8) bludgeoning damage. If it is Large or smaller, it is also grappled (escape DC 24). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained and unable to breathe unless it can breathe water. If the saving throw is successful, the target is pushed out of the elemental’s space. Harooga can grapple one Large creature or up to two Medium or smaller creatures at one time. This grapple does not affect her normal actions. At the start of each of the Harooga’s turns, each target grappled by her takes 27 (6d8) bludgeoning damage. A creature within 5 feet of her can pull a creature or object out of her by taking an action to make a DC 24 Strength and succeeding.
Harooga is the nature spirit who controls Akari Island. She is also the greatest of the nature spirits of the Prioto Islands. At the start of this adventure, she is held captive by the Opawang in a large gem. By holding Harooga hostage, the Opawang controls the spirits of Akari Island.
Banner Art: “Spirit Warrior” by Jeff Easley (c) TSR