See the index post for the context of this monster.
“Runt Runt” (The Runt) (Broodfiend)
Large fiend (devil, aberration), chaotic evil
AC 19; HP 150; Speed 60 ft.
CON +13, INT +0, WIS +10, +6
Resistances cold; -1 on all and each damage die rolls
Immunities fire, poison; poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft.
Languages Infernal, Giant; CR 20 (25,000 XP)
- Smart! The Runt is a spellcaster and always says “runt runt” as part of his magical invocations (saving throw DC 19). He can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Easily Coerced. Disadvantage on saving throws against charm effects
- Magic Resistance. Broodfiend has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. Broodfiend’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Siege Monster. Broodfiend’s do double damage to objects and ignore damage thresholds.
- Morale. The broodfiends have a morale rating of 9. When they are first hit, are reduced to half hit points, if an ally is kill and each time they take a critical hit roll 2d6. On an 10, 11 or 12 the broodfiend flees.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (4d6 + 8) piercing damage. The target must succeed on a CON saving throw or become poisoned. While poisoned in this way, the target can’t regain hit points, and it takes 21 (6d6) poison damage at the start of each of its turns. The poisoned target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d8 + 8) slashing damage.
- Rock. Ranged Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 29 (4d10 + 7) bludgeoning damage.
Bucking Bronco. Whenever the broodfiend is in melee with more than one opponent or is flanked, all creatures within 10 ft. must make a DEX saving throw or take 23 (3d10 + 8) bludgeoning damage.
May use any available action and also move up to 30 feet as part of that action.
Cast a spell even if all uses are consumed.