Continuing on from part 1 with our visit into the past of Nimmeria here is another updated gearsmen guarding Xoud’s lab at the Technic League Compound. This is a range specialist model.
“OGRE” CLASS GEARSMAN (MK. II)
Large Construct (robot), neutral
Armour Class 20 (reinforced skymetal plating)
Hit Points 138 (12d10 +60)
Speed 20 ft.
Str 24 (+7) Dex 18 (+4) Con 21 (+5)
Int 12 (+1) Wis 15 (+2) Cha 1 (-6)
Saving Throws Con +8, Wis +3, Cha +4
Skills Athletics +9, Perception +6
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren’t skymetal.
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison, psychic
Damage Vulnerabilities lightening
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, paralysed, petrified, poisoned, stunned
Senses Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
- Adaptive Learning. A gearsman can automatically gain skills, proficient and feats as needed though it can only have one new ability active at any given time.
- Charge Weapon. Any metal melee weapon wielded by a gearsmanI becomes charged with lightning and deals +3 (1d6) points of lightning damage on a hit.
- Combat Hardened. The gearsman’s advanced robotic frame provides a measure of protection against attacks. The Mk II has a damage threshold of 5. It reduces all damage by five.
- Gift of the Machine God. As a creature of technology gearsmen gain many damage and condition resistances and immunities but they are also susceptible to lightning attacks.
- Overcharge Energy Weapon. Any energy weapon wielded by a gearsman can be overcharged at the cost of increasing the failure chance by 5% (1 pip on the d20) per die increase.
- Scanner. The gearsmen gains double proficiency bonus in the Perception skill.
- Self-Repair (Recharges after Long Rest). A gearsman’s nanites repair it of damage at the rate of a number of hit points per hour equal to its Hit Dice (12 hit points per hour for most gearsmen mk. II). Up to once per day, as a full-round action, it can repair any robot it touches of 12 (4d6) points of damage — if a gearsman uses this ability on itself, it automatically heals itself of the maximum amount of damage: 24 points.
Multiprocessor. The gearsman normally makes a single attack per round from the options listed below, however, it may always make a rumble fist attack against one adjacent enemy in addition to another attack (including another rumble fist attack).
- Overcharged Gravgun. Range Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 150 ft.; one target. Hit: 16 (4d6 +4) force damage (overcharged twice making permanent failure occur on 1-3). This attack may bounce to one additional target within 15 feet doing half as much damage. If the attack successfully hit both targets, they are knocked prone. Alternatively, it can be used in continues mode which acts as a telekinesis spell. Check for failure each minute of use.
- Rumble Fist. Melee Natural Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft.; one target. Hit: 25 (3d12 +7) bludgeoning and force damage, and the target is pushed back 15 feet.
- Thunder Orb. The gearsmen throws a sonic grenade up to 50 feet away. All creatures in a 20-foot sphere of a targeted square must make a DC 16 saving throw or take 14 (2d8 + 6) thunder damage, and the force of the impact pushes the targets 10 feet away. A successful save halves the damage. As a grenade attack, there is no to-hit roll, however, the thrower still must roll a 1d20 to see if it fumbles the throw and drops the grenade on itself (1 on a 1d20)
- Destruction Sphere (1/day). The gearsmen releases a wave of sound around its body affecting all living creatures within 15-feet causing 18 (3d8 +6) thunder damage, and knocking the target prone on a failed DC 15 Constitution save.
Implacable. When a gearsman mk. II drops to 0 hit points for the first time it regains 15 hit points and fights on.
Gearsman can use weapons and other items as a human so it is not uncommon to find them carrying weapons. This model has a gravgun (rifle) and 1d2 sonic grenades.
The flexing hiss of motors and the smell of oil and the alien metals and plastic. A soft whir as steel caresses steel. Metallic fingers clench. Artificial eyes glow red.
Pingback:Into the Past: “THUNDER PRIEST” CLASS GEARSMEN (Mk. I) | Charm Person
Pingback:Into the Past: “BONECLAW” Class Gearsman (Mk. I) | Charm Person
Pingback:Into the Past: Servo-Skull, Guardian-Skull Variant | Charm Person
Pingback:Into the Past: Bastion Class Hunter-Killer | Charm Person
Pingback:Into the Past: Prototype Robotic Apprentice | Charm Person
Pingback:Into the Past: Smoke Archon | Charm Person
Pingback:Into the Past: Furkas Xoud, Nano Mage | Charm Person
Pingback:Into the Past: Putting it Together | Charm Person
You must log in to post a comment.