The Crimson Lotus Gang:
- Charisma, a “human” -mutant- sorceress whose power source is Gamma Radiation which she was exposed to as a child. As a child of the Atom her hair goes green in the presence of radiation and she progressively gets greener the more powerful spells she casts (and as she gets angry). She has no love for the Technic League.
- Sylvanus, a dark elf monk who escaped the clutches of mind flayer slavemasters in the area of the Scar of the Spider after a daring raid by surface dwelling heroes freed her.
- Brokthor, a human fighter who was raised by dwarfs and thinks he IS a dwarf.
- Tufast, a human cleric who serves Thor – power of thunder and lightning. Much like his barbarian family he hates technology and has a particular spite for robots. He sees the cleansing power of lightning as the perfect antidote to the curse of the robot infestation of Nimmeria.
- Rikku, an elven rogue who was adopted by Khonnir Baine when he found her wandering the wasteland near Torch more than a decade ago. She claims to be a blood elf from a far-away land. Her history is tied up with a nearby ruin.
- Heidt, a ranger who has traded an affinity for nature for an affinity for machines. This android has mastered cybertheurgy as well as the lasgun. Has chosen the mechromancer archetype (blog post at some later point!). Seeking to learn more about his history he has become an archaeological expert on all things related to the Rain of Stars.
The Palace of Fallen Stars
Session 30 & 31
Our party continued down the tunnel and encountered two gearbots. We eliminated them quickly, although it seemed my attacks did little but annoy them. We continued, encountering other enemies until we made it to a passageway that seemed to never end, filled with pass access doors. With Rikku sneaking ahead, we discovered a golem. I initially suggested that we distract him long enough to sneak past, but the group instead decided to go downstairs.
There we found a camera room, which showed us what was happening outside. The people were losing the revolt against the Technic League and we needed to hurry. We found an empty barracks room and searched for loot. A small robot appeared snd showed us a hidden cache – mostly filled with maps. After defeating more Gearbots, we were led to meet Zernabeth a Technic League captain. She tells us that she once ran the Technic League, before she was overthrown by Ozmyn Zaidow. She says that if we defeat him and some other Technic League captains, she can take over and stop the fighting, promising to reform the group to live with the citizens peacefully. We were skeptical of this but made the deal on the conditions that the Technic League would share technology and not oppress the citizens; if she broke these conditions we would kill her.
We head upstairs to deal with Ozmyn Zaidow, only for him to stealth away in the middle of combat. When we go to find the Witch, he is with her being healed. We entered into combat with the both of them. After dealing with them, we contacted Zernabeth who had kept her word so far and was calling off the Gearbots and the attack on the citizens. She was now in control of the Technic League and would stay in control as long as she abided by the rules of our agreement.