The Crimson Lotus Gang:
- Charisma, a “human” -mutant- sorceress whose power source is Gamma Radiation which she was exposed to as a child. As a child of the Atom her hair goes green in the presence of radiation and she progressively gets greener the more powerful spells she casts (and as she gets angry). She has no love for the Technic League.
- Sylvanus, a dark elf monk who escaped the clutches of mind flayer slavemasters in the area of the Scar of the Spider after a daring raid by surface dwelling heroes freed her.
- Brokthor, a human fighter who was raised by dwarfs and thinks he IS a dwarf.
- Tufast, a human cleric who serves Thor – power of thunder and lightning. Much like his barbarian family he hates technology and has a particular spite for robots. He sees the cleansing power of lightning as the perfect antidote to the curse of the robot infestation of Nimmeria.
- Rikku, an elven rogue who was adopted by Khonnir Baine when he found her wandering the wasteland near Torch more than a decade ago. She claims to be a blood elf from a far-away land. Her history is tied up with a nearby ruin.
- Heidt, and his sidekick DEATHTRAP, is a ranger who has traded an affinity for nature for an affinity for machines. This android has mastered cybertheurgy as well as the lasgun. Has chosen the mechromancer archetype. Seeking to learn more about his history he has become an archaeological expert on all things related to the Rain of Stars.
- Casandalee, one time prophet of Unity, now a disillusioned enemy of the machine god (NPC).
Tales from the Infinite Staircase
Tale 1: Planeswalker
DM’s Intro: Interplanar adventures continue. Most of the session was actually spent in Sigil shopping and preparing to face UNITY.
After defeating Unthre, we moved further up the winding stairs towards the platform which appeared to be made out of junk. As we drew near the junk island however, a humanoid figure appeared out of the shadows from behind us claiming to be Shivinistra, a high priestess of Athena. She claimed to have three sisters which accidently summoned a demon that was responsible for all the destruction, and told us it was sleeping within the scrap platform. Hoverer she seemed delusional as when we questioned where her sisters were, she gestured towards thin air, as if she could see something we could not. After agreeing to let her help us we stepped onto the unstable staircase leading to the demons lair, which in turn woke him up.
Combat shortly followed with Tufast falling off the staircase and onto the platform below after the demon rattled the stairs (DM’s Note: There was a bridge of scrap that went out to Gerrzog’s lair which was 170 feet long. Gerrzog would spend one of his actions jumping his 6,000 lbs of girth into the air and landing heavily onto the platform forcing a Dexterity check), and Sylvanus being crushed nearly to death by the monsters claws, removing both from the fight. The demon was eventually defeated with little thanks to Shivinistra who did practically nothing aside from speak encouraging words during the fight (DM’s Note: She did flail her arms wildly and screamed “light heal!” on her turn while point at the PCs with little affect). We then heard a cry for help from a platform above, and a man appeared who looked quite frail and undernourished. Apparently Shivinistra knew this man and began hurling harmful spells at him while screaming madly. Again, combat shortly followed, albeit this one a little messier than the last as we tied up Shivinistra and rescued the man. According to him she was a crazy ex, and thanked us for saving him. In return, he guided us towards Sigil, and stayed with at the Planeswalkers Inn (not associated with the guild of the same name) there until he recovered. After everyone scrambled around buying items, an agent of the Dustmen contacted me, offering useful information for some assistance. He took me to a man named Skall, the Factol of the Dustman, who tasked me with entering the Dwarven Mountains in order to bring back a dead dwarf named Zeracuk, who is a supposed master of portals, stressing that time was of the essence. If i succeeded in this, he would give me information on the location of a legendary magical belt.
You must log in to post a comment.