When my PCs stole the Golden Barge from the Eldar during the Slumbering Ursine Dunes adventure Major Xhom got away and has been attempting to retrieve the Golden Barge – a piece of Eldar science-wizard artifact. These will continue until they kill Major Xhom, here are some Eldar Banshees to help him out. I use a short statblock for gameplay. * next to the ability score means the target is proficient in that saving throw and, at a minimum, add +2 to the saving throw, though, this particular example is +3 as it’s a CR 5 creature. I also dont use average damage and roll all damage.
Strange is the name of that ancient race, the Eldur. The tight-lipped followers of the Silent God are said to have coined the word, though its meaning, “where a God resides,” puzzles savants and sages throughout the Cantons to this day. Perhaps there is truth in the old folk tales of them as pitiless eaters of a long-forgotten deity, or perhaps it involves another of that race’s arcane cruel jokes.
ELD SCREAMING BANSHEE
AC 18 (silver mesh, force shield), HP 71; Speed 30 ft.
STR +1, DEX +4*, CON +2*, INT +0, WIS +1*, CHA +1; Skills Perception +4, Stealth +10
Senses Darkvision 120 ft.; Languages Elvish, Eld, Undercommon
- Banshee. The eld banshee always acts first during the first round of combat and can never be surprised.
- Eld Vision. Eld are not affected by otehr Eld’s darkness abilities.
- Fey Ancestry. The eld has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put the eld to sleep.
- Force Shield. The force shield that the eld banshee wears cancels a single force attack targeting her, the shield is then exhausted for 1 minute and the banshee’s AC is reduced by 2 to 16.
- Spells. CHA DC 12/+4:
- At will: dancing lights
- 1/day each: darkness, faerie fire, levitate (self only)
Attack (2x, +7)
- Power Shortsword. 5 ft/one target. Hit: 1d6 + 4 force damage plus 3d6 poison damage.
- Shuriken Pistol. 30/120 ft./one target. Hit: 1d6 + 4 thunder damage and the target must succeed on a CON saving throw or be poisoned for 1 hour. If the saving throw fails by 5 or more, the target is also unconscious while poisoned in this way. The target wakes up if it takes damage or if another creature takes an action to shake it awake.
- Parry. The eld adds 3 to its AC against one melee attack that would hit it. To do so, the eld must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.
Certain elite or captain level banshees may have the following upgrade as well as 140 hps. The exarch gains the following additional actions:
- Executioner. 5 ft/one target. Hit: 2d6 + 2 slashing damage plus 4d6 force damage. This is a two-handed weapon that provides +2 STR and scores a critical on a 19 and 20.
- Banshee Mask (1/Day). The banshee releases a sonic wail. A single creature within 90 feet of her that can hear her must make a CON saving throw. On a failure, a creature drops to 0 hit points. On a success, a creature takes 10 (3d6) psychic damage.
You must log in to post a comment.