Provided here for my PCs reference.
Powered armor resembles a suit of unusual plate armor, with finely articulated joints connected by an oily, black, leather-like material. The armor has been worked to create the appearance of a heavily muscled warrior, and its great helm is unusual in that it has no openings — only a broad glass plate in the front with a second piece of glass above it. Strange plates, tubing, and large metal bosses adorn the armor in seemingly random fashion. On the back of the armor’s left gauntlet is a rectangular metal box, from which projects a short rod tipped with a cone-shaped red crystal. Plate consists of shaped, interlocking metal plates to cover the entire body. A suit of plate includes gauntlets, heavy leather boots, a visored helmet, and thick layers of padding underneath the armor. Buckles and straps distribute the weight over the body.
Basic Functionality. While wearing this armor, you gain the following benefits:
- Grants AC 14 + DEX modifier.
- Your Strength score is 18 (this has no effect if your Strength is already 18 or higher).
- The machine spirit and mechanisms in the suit attempt to keep you alive when you are dropped to 0 hit points. Instead of dying at the start of your turn, you die at the start of the next turn.
Advanced Functions. The armor has further capabilities that can be powered either by the suits power plant or by your own life energy. Whenever you use the integrated power source roll 1d20, on a 1 the power plant of the armor is depleted and it looses all these effects unless powered by life force. You can use a bonus action to draw power from an energy cell or sacrifice hit points to gain one of the following benefits:
- Emit a force field to gain 2d6 + 5 temporary hit points (1/20 chance of failure or 5 hit points).
- Activate boosters to gain a flying speed of 15 feet for 1 minute (1/20 chance of failure or 5 hit points).
- Fire arm-mounted laser: Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, range 120 feet, one target. Hit: 2d6 radiant damage (1/20 chance of failure or 5 hit points).
- Translate any writing you can see in any nonmagical language, to a total of one thousand words over 1 minute (1/20 chance of failure or 5 hit points).
- Fill the armor with air, allowing you to breathe normally in any environment for up to 1 hour (1/20 chance of failure or 5 hit points).
- Gain darkvision to a range of 60 feet for up to 1 hour (1/20 chance of failure or 5 hit points).
Kwalish Modified. This particular battle armour has been modified to fit both a Small or Medium sized humanoid. Its functions may also be powered by life force (hit points) instead of rolling a depletion die. Each function has its own depletion chance, and even if all functions are exhausted they can still be powered by the sacrifice of life force. The amour’s basic functionality does not need any power source.
There is likely to be other, ever more powerful, models within Silver Mount.